When you are crazy about music quotes that are deep and inspirational, only the best will do.
Why? Because a good quote is like a friend.
It is always there when you need it, to give you the right advice at the right moment. A quote said in the right way at the right time can change your mood in an instant.
It can inspire or motivate you, or lift you up when you are down. Good quotes are invaluable to anyone who wants to live the best life possible…and so is music.
Why is Music So Powerful?
Music has the power to lift spirits, invigorate, or make you feel at ease. It is entertaining, healing, nurturing, exciting, and relaxing. Art in this unique style is capable of expressing a wide range of human and animal emotions.
In fact, music is so powerful that a new field has been developed to study the brain on music further. According to Wikipedia, a scientific study of the brain-based systems involved in music cognition is called neuroscience of music. The music-related behaviors studied include listening, playing, creating, reading, writing, and other related activities.
Why Do We Love Music So Much?
According to this study, music can give us feelings of euphoria by releasing dopamine in the brain. Every time you experience this pleasure sensation, you will naturally crave more. You can’t help but be happy when this occurs at the highest emotional peak of music.
A deeper connection with music develops in ways words cannot express. When this happens among a group of musicians or even out in nature, a natural connection develops between all living things. The human need for a sense of belonging, kinship, and feeling part of a collective or united together as a larger whole is met.
The Connection Between Music and Quotes
In the same way that music brings us together, quotes have that power too. When we marry the two together, a powerful force of inspiration and motivation develops. Feeling good and empowered takes on a new dimension, moving us from complacent to actionable.
The Power of Music Quotes
Music quotations help us understand the deeper meaning of music, how it affects human emotions, and how profound it can be from different perspectives. It does not matter what genre or type of music you prefer, there is something powerful to learn about music from everyone.
Let’s take a moment to appreciate the power of music through quotes. Get ready to become more inspired and enlightened. Here are 10 music quotes to stimulate the mind and stir the soul.
Quotes About the Power of Music
- “Music has power to create a universe or to destroy a civilization.” ― Katherine Neville, The Eight
- “The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence.” ― Arthur Schopenhauer, The World as Will and Representation, Vol. 1
- “She wasn’t really aware of the song as she sang it. Rather, she slipped through song’s tunnel, down its corridor of reality, until she landed in the seat of the music. It was strangely healing; addictively powerful. She hadn’t expected to become so engulfed by the notes.” ― Dianna Hardy, Blood Shadow
- “Music is a supernatural force on the earth. It has the power to transform the heart and mind.” ― Kathy McClary, A Kid’s Study Guide To Praise
- “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” ― Confucius, The Book of Rites
- “Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” ― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
- “Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.” ― George Eliot, The Mill on the Floss
- “Music can change the world because it can change people.” ― Bono
- “It was the moment I realized what music can do to people, how it can make you hurt and feel so good all at once.” ― Nina LaCour, Hold Still
- “I’ve found that no matter what life throws at me, music softens the blow.” ― Bryce W. Anderson
Music is a Universal Language Quote
“Music is the universal language of mankind.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Music Speaks Quote
“Where words fail, music speaks.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
Magical Sayings and Quotes About Music
- “Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here!” — J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “Music is the strongest form of magic.” ― Marilyn Manson
- “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” ― Maria von Trapp
Inspirational Quotes About Music
- “Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
- “Where words leave off, music begins.” ― Heinrich Heine
- “He took his pain and turned it into something beautiful. Into something that people connect to. And that’s what good music does. It speaks to you. It changes you.” ― Hannah Harrington, Saving June
- “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.” ― Henry David Thoreau
- “I love the way music inside a car makes you feel invisible; if you play the stereo at max volume, it’s almost like the other people can’t see into your vehicle. It tints your windows, somehow.” ― Chuck Klosterman, Killing Yourself to Live: 85% of a True Story
- “For me there is something primitively soothing about this music, and it went straight to my nervous system, making me feel ten feet tall.” ― Eric Clapton
- “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” ― Johnny Depp
Deep Quotes About Music
- “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” ― Robert Fripp
- “Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.” ― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter
- “I’m wishing he could see that music lives. Forever. That it’s stronger than death. Stronger than time. And that its strength holds you together when nothing else can.” ― Jennifer Donnelly, Revolution
- “Through music we may wander where we will in time, and find friends in every century.” ― Helen Thompson
Music Touches the Soul Quotes
- “Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” ― Edward Bulwer Lytton
- “Music is an outburst of the soul.” ― Frederick Delius
- “Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.” ― Johann Sebastian Bach
- “A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good.” ― Colbie Caillat
- “Music can touch and heal that secret wound of the soul which nothing else can reach.” ― Debasish Mridha
- “Once again, she was free. Once again, she found peace. It was music that freed her soul from the dungeon of her mind.” ― Wiss Auguste, The Illusions of Hope
- “Happy soul; begin and end your day with music.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
- “Music has infinite power to reach the gap between the heart and the soul to create infinite and ineffable joy.” ― Debasish Mridha
Spiritual Music Quotes
- “The devil, the originator of sorrowful anxieties and restless troubles, flees before the sound of music almost as much as before the Word of God….Music is a gift and grace of God, not an invention of men. Thus it drives out the devil and makes people cheerful. Then one forgets all wrath, impurity, and other devices.” ― Martin Luther
Music is Healing Quotes
- “Music can heal the wounds which medicine cannot touch.” ― Debasish Mridha
- “Music is a great healer.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
Peace Music Quotes
- “Too bad people can’t always be playing music, maybe then there wouldn’t be any more wars.” ― Margot Benary-Isbert, Rowan Farm
Heart Touching Music Quotes
- “Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends.” ― Alphonse de Lamartine
- “My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
- “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.” ― Pablo Casals
- “Can a mere song change a people’s minds? I doubt that it is so. But a song can infiltrate your heart and the heart may change your mind.” ― Elvis Costello
- “Music is a second language to my heart.” ― Mara Arps
- “Music; joy of the heart.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
Music Quotes About Love
- “If it weren’t for music, I would think that love is mortal.” ― Mark Helprin, A Soldier of the Great War
Funny Quotes About Music
- “I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.” ― Tom Waits
- “Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.” ― John Erskine
Crazy About Music Quotes Summary
Quotes about music may be found in abundance. Famous personalities, artists, writers, and ordinary people have contributed to this collection. Some of the finest music quotations ever penned are included in this overview, which includes some of the most popular ones. We are just crazy about them all!
Have a favorite music quote? Please share it in the comments below.