Change your life with the power of affirmations for musicians.
Are you struggling to become successful as a musician?
If you’re having trouble becoming successful as a musician, then affirmations may help.
Affirmations are powerful statements that you repeat over and over again. They’re designed to change your beliefs and attitudes towards yourself and your goals. Affirmations work because they create positive feelings inside you.
For example, if you believe that you’re talented at playing guitar, then repeating the affirmation “I am talented at playing guitar” will cause you to feel better about being a guitarist. The same goes for any goal you’d like to achieve.
How does this apply to musicians?
When you say positive things about yourself, you’re creating positive feelings inside you. These positive feelings motivate you to take action and accomplish your goals.
Let me give you some examples.
Say you want to play gigs and make money doing it. If you tell yourself that you’re going to be able to play gigs and make tons of money, then you’ll feel motivated to practice every day and eventually perform live.
Or let’s say you want to record music and release it online. If you tell yourself you’re going to be famous and rich, then you’ll feel inspired to spend hours recording and producing your songs.
These are just two examples. There are many others.
Now here’s the question.
Is there anything wrong with telling yourself these kinds of affirmations?
Of course not!
But you must keep them positive. Saying negative things about yourself will only sabotage your efforts.
Here’s another example. Say you want to improve your singing voice. If you tell yourself “My singing voice is terrible,” then you’ll feel bad about your singing ability. This will prevent you from improving.
Instead, say something like “I’m getting stronger each day.” Or “I’m learning to sing better every week.”
This kind of thinking works for musicians too. When you say positive things about your musical abilities, you’ll feel better about yourself and therefore more motivated to practice and learn.
Reframe the negative things you are saying about yourself. Focus on using positive self-talk instead. What you think is what you become.
Repeat these affirmations whenever you feel down or discouraged. And remember, affirmations aren’t magic. They require effort and persistence to work. But if you put forth the effort, affirmations can transform your life.
What are Daily Affirmations?
A daily affirmation is simply a statement declaring a completed goal. The words used describe the goal as if it’s already accomplished. It’s a tool used daily to focus your thoughts on what you want and who you want to become. Affirmations can be short and sweet or long and detailed.
The purpose of daily affirmations is to stretch your mind and activate your imagination to bring change in your life. Creative words used in affirmations focus your mind on visualizing a better life. Your brain loves this and will work to bring about exactly what you are speaking and visualizing.
Affirmations are also great tools when you need motivation. You can use them to get out of bed in the morning, get through tough times, and even stay focused during difficult tasks. When was the last time you looked forward to practicing, performing on stage in front of thousands of people, taking a music theory test, or going to an important audition?
Saying and visualizing affirmations daily have the power to help you overcome obstacles and ease anxiety. Your mind is very powerful. Use it to help you become a better musician and live the life you’ve always wanted.
What is the Science Behind Affirmations?
Neuroscience has confirmed positive results from affirmations. Specific neural pathways activate more when self-affirmations are practiced. This has been shown through MRI evidence collected in this 2016 study.
The results suggest there are many benefits to daily affirmations. Not only can it help you become a better person and musician, but it can also:
- Decrease stress.
- Motivate you to take action.
- Help you become less defensive and more responsible.
- Improve your health and relationships.
- Help you earn more income.
- Bring more joy into your life.
Positive affirmations help rewire your conscious and subconscious mind. The words used in a positive self-affirmation usually begin with “I am”. For example, “I am happy” or “I am healthy.”
These “I am” declarations help you envision who you want to be and what you want to achieve. Here are a few to help you get started.
What are Some Good I Am Statements for Musicians?
Some good “I am” statements for musicians include:
- I am a talented musician.
- I am a creative musician.
- I am a successful and happy musician.
- I am passionate about my music.
- I am grateful for my unique talents.
- I am easily improving my skills every day.
- I am moving closer and closer to achieving my goals every day.
- I am passionately pursuing the unique calling of music on my life.
- I am getting better and better every time I practice.
- I am developing my own memorable style.
- I am a raving success on and off stage.
- I am easily winning my next audition.
- I am getting an A in music theory class.
- I am mastering music theory.
- I am playing all scales and arpeggios with ease.
- I am building up my fan base.
- I am living my dream.
- I am selling my music effortlessly.
- I am performing in front of a live audience with ease.
- I am joyfully sharing my talent with the world.
- I am sight-reading with ease.
- I am creating new music effortlessly.
- I am playing at my highest level.
- I am singing at my highest level.
- I am grateful to millions of fans around the world.
- I am effortlessly learning a new instrument.
- I am so grateful for how easy piano is to play.
- I am confidently advancing in my musical adventure.
Use this list as your starter affirmation list builder. Speak and visualize at least one affirmation per day. These confidence-building affirmations help you begin and end your day on a positive note.
Affirmations for Musicians Summary
Positive affirmations for musicians are very powerful. Speak and visualize who you want to become and what you want to accomplish in your daily life. These musician affirmations will help you become a better player and lead a happier and healthier life.
A daily practice of effective self-talk always leads to success. Set your creative goals and start using these mental strategies for peak performance.
So what do you think?
Have you ever used positive affirmations before? What did you use them for?
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts.